Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, October 30, 2015

Get To Know Me

I don't usually do these types of surveys anymore (to me they hearken back to the early 2000's when I first got an email address, lol!) but I am slightly bored and need a blog post, so I figured why not do a "get to know me" list of questions and answers.  I found the questions on various blogs throughout the Internet and edited them to a list that suited me.  I've even added a few of my own.  I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little better!  I'd love to know you better, too - at the end, why don't you leave a comment with your answer to any one of these questions?
  1. Are you named after anyone? Not that I know of.  My parents were considering calling me "Shelley" though, as a nickname for my middle name.
  2. What is your middle name? Michelle
  3. What was favourite subject in school? I can't say I had one.  I definitely had least favourites!
  4. What is your favorite drink? I am a big fan of water.
  5. What is your favorite song at the moment? I love some of the old hymns, such as How Great Thou Art.
  6. What is your favorite food? Cheese!!!
  7. What is the last thing you bought? Probably groceries.
  8. Favorite book of all time? I know this is going to sound like a Sunday School answer, but when it comes down to it, The Holy Bible would always come out at the top of the list. 
  9. Favorite Colour? Blue!  I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to the colour blue, I love it so much, haha.
  10. Do you have any pets? Not currently :(  But I am a huge cat lover.  Hubby loves cats, too.  We've had many cats throughout our marriage - you can see some of them here.
  11. Favorite Perfume? I'm not big on wearing perfume.  I have a few very inexpensive ones, but I usually forget to wear them!  I do like White Musk from The Body Shop.
  12. Favorite Holiday? Christmas!!  I love the planning, shopping, wrapping & giving & receiving gifts, family gatherings at various places, banquets and parties, the first snowfall, decorating the tree, everything.  I admit that sometimes I get so wrapped up (no pun intended, haha) in the excitement that I forget that we're celebrating the birth of Christ - but when I take time to think about that if He hadn't been born He wouldn't have died, well, then I am filled with emotion and am very grateful toward Him!
  13. Are you married? I hope you all know the answer to this question ;)  Yes, yes I am! :)
  14. Have you ever been overseas? No.
  15. What countries have you all lived in and/or visited? Canada, United States, Mexico
  16. Do you know any other languages beside English? I can understand & speak a little Low German.  
  17. How many siblings do you have? I have two older sisters and an older brother. 
  18. What is your favorite brick-and-mortar store? Not sure if it's my #1 favourite, but I really like DeLuca's, which is an Italian grocery store.  Oh, wait.  I forgot scrapbooking stores.  Duh.  Any scrapbooking store would probably win the prize.  And I also like gift shops - The Blue Heron in Kenora, Ontario is one of my favourites.
  19. Favorite restaurant? I don't go to restaurants much anymore because there's so little I can eat at them, but one of my favourites that I can still eat a couple things at is Taco Del Mar.  If I could whatever I wanted, my favourite would probably still be Olive Garden.
  20. When was the last time you cried? Hmm, I can't recall.  It was probably somewhat recently, though.
  21. Favourite movies? I love some of the old, classic musicals.  My favourites are Singin' in the Rain, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and Hello, Dolly!
  22. Favourite TV shows? I don't watch much TV anymore, but my current favourite is MasterChef (almost any country's - right now we're watching Australia's latest season).
  23. How tall are you? A little over 5'7".  I'm about the same height as my mom, but quite a bit taller than both my older sisters and my sister-in-law.  However, my 16-year-old niece recently passed me!
  24. Can you cook? Do you enjoy cooking?  Yes, I'd say I can cook, and I think my husband would, too!  I do enjoy cooking, although there are some things I am too squeamish for - I very rarely cook red meat or seafood.  
  25. Do you have kids? Well, I think everyone reading this blog knows the answer to that question.
  26. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? I could see someone being reluctant to, but my hope & prayer is that there is someone (or more!) out there who would be a good match with me!
  27. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No, not my style.
  28. Have you, or will you, ever bungee-jumped?  I don't think I would enjoy that.  No, I know I wouldn't.
  29. What’s your favorite cereal? Unfortunately I don't eat cereal anymore and I really miss Multi-Grain Cheerios!
  30. What’s the first thing you notice about people? This is going to sound shallow, but usually I notice their sense of style - what they're wearing and if they "own it" or not.
  31. What is your eye colour? Brown - not a dark brown.
  32. Do you prefer scary movies or movies with happy endings? Definitely happy endings.  I take no delight in fear.
  33. What are your favourite (non-perfume) smells? Woodsmoke in fall has gotta top the list!
  34. What are your favourite months of the year, weather-wise? May, June, July, August, September.  The other months are just too cold for me.
  35. What country were you born in? Canada
  36. What are some of your hobbies? Scrapbooking, reading, doing word puzzles, identifying local wildflowers, gardening flowers and vegetables.
  37. Do you have a hidden talent (or not-so-hidden)? If so, what? I don't think so.  I love acting, but am so terrible at memorization I haven't pursued it.
  38. What’s your favorite Etsy shop (that isn’t yours)? I'm not sure if this is my #1 favourite, but I've shopped from Tabitha942 and she was great!  Lots of cute baby stuff.
  39. What’s your favorite way to spend your free time when you’re alone? Probably being online, reading blogs and catching up on Facebook and stuff.
  40. What’s your favorite junk food? Salt & vinegar potato chips.  I miss some of the baked treats and chocolate bars I used to be able to eat, though!
  41. Who's your favourite fiction author? Sarah Sundin
  42. What hairstyle/hair colour have you had that you liked the most? I've had a perm twice (the frst time with long hair and no bangs) and liked it both times.  The second time was with shorter hair (shorter in the back, longer in the front) and straight, blunt bangs - loved it.  I also enjoyed the highschool days when I would dye my hair various shades of dark red.
  43. What city, country, or area of the world would you like to visit (that you haven't been to before)?  I really want to go to Hawaii with Hubby.
  44. Last romantic gesture from your husband? He surprised me with a package of gf coconut macaroons I'd spotted in Walmart (that actually didn't have soy for a change)!
  45. Which do you like hearing most from your husband - I love you, Thank-you, or You're beautiful? "You're beautiful."  He says "I love you" a lot already ;)
  46. Do you ever stay in your pajamas all day (even when not sick)? No.  On rare occasions I'll stay in them 'til lunchtime.  But I'm more an evening-pajamas kind of person.  When I come home in the evening the first thing I want to do is get into something comfy!
So?  Anything we have in common?  Anything completely different?  What's your answer to any one (or more!) of these questions? Thanks for reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like little gifts! :)