To read my summing up 2012 post, click here.
2013 was a year of a lot of changes. The main things (that I am willing to share) were:
- We bought a new place and started renovations.
- Hubby switched positions at his job from being a truck driver to working in the office.
- Moved from the country into town.
- Completed all the adoption paperwork we've been working on for so long and submitted our file to our agency.
- Hubby got politely fired from his office job for refusing to ask his drivers to break rules. After we got over being devastated, we decided he will continue pursuing his flight training instead of driving truck again like they offered him.
- Both homestudy interviews got scheduled and rescheduled until they were finally completed.
- We got officially approved to adopt and started waiting on May 14.
- My sister E landed up in the hospital due to pancreas inflamation. She was in good spirits so unlike the whole cancer thing she went through last year. She had surgery to have her gallbladder out.
- Started hosting our church group at our house for church every Sunday morning. Up til now we'd always had it at my brothers'. We are a small group of 8 regulars but I love them all dearly.
- I became an independent rep for Regal to start helping earn a little income.
- Hubby completed his flight training and passed his flight tests. He put in applications for flying jobs.
- Hubby started driving truck again, for a different company, as we wait for a flying job offer.
- We had adoption maternity pictures taken with a professional photographer. It was a great experience and we love the pictures!
- I had a benign cyst removed from my breast. Did not enjoy being awake for the surgery!
- We reached the 6 month mark of being approved. Found out we haven't been shown yet which was not surprising but still disappointing.
- Hubby and his fellow employees were laid off for the Winter. He has applied for EI which we are waiting on but he does get called in to work some days, usually to haul snow after blizzards.
Here are some of the things I am looking forward to in 2014, the Lord willing:
- Well, obviously I think it would be AWESOME if we would be matched and be blessed with a baby!
- It's my hubby's big 3-0 this year. I would love to throw him a huge surprise party but he is an introvert and big crowds of people is so not his thing. And definitely not surprises!
- Assuming we don't have a baby by then, we'll be updating our profile this Spring, since it will be the 1 year mark.
- I'm hoping God will answer some of my prayers with a "yes!".
- I'm sure there are other things I am looking forward to in 2014, I just can't think of them right now!
Oh, and you know how I was pessimistically saying I didn't think I would get any baby-related stuff as gifts this Christmas? Well, I was wrong. I'm starting to feel like I don't need a pre-baby shower after all, because people are definitely showing me they care!
|These are onesies, sleepers, a blanket, and a soother with clip that my mom-in-law, bro-in-law, and dad gave me this Christmas. Feeling loved :)|