The biggest things in 2012 were:
- My sister E's breast cancer diagnosis on February 8th. She had a lumpectomy on March 12th. She had chemo 4 times from May 28th - July 31st. During the month of August she did very poorly mentally & emotionally. From September 10th - October 24th she had radiation every day except for weekends. She has two daughters, aged 8 and 13 at the time, whom everyone in our family did our best to take good care of during this time. It was not an easy time for anyone during this time, though. But there are still things to be thankful for. She is alive. She doesn't have cancer anymore. She is slowly getting better physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, although all those things will take time.
- Another difficult thing was my best girl friend's sister passed away from breast cancer, on September 9th.
- On the adoption front, we finally started the adoption approval process, which included going to a wonderful weekend seminar. We finally announced to family & friends our plans to adopt. Feel free to go to my timeline to read more about all that exciting stuff!
- Our property finally got subdivided. We sold both the empty side and the side with our house on it. We got paid for the empty side. That is on my timeline as well, since it relates to our adoption, in that we need the money from it for adoption and we need to move into a different house big enough for a growing family.
- Oh, and I turned the big 3-0 in 2012 as well!
- I also started going to physio which has been a very positive experience.
- Of course I started this blog as well :)
- We gave away our cat Smacky which was very difficult at the time but turned out to be just fine. We also found a home for our outside cats - not the easiest thing either but has worked out, too.