Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Motherhood Month - 23

Progress:  Today has been 2 years + 11 months since we were approved for domestic infant adoption.  We have been active (meaning our profile has been available to be shown to expecting birthparents) for 2 years + 6 months of that time.

How I'm Feeling:  When we were approved, we were told that the average wait time (meaning the length of time from the when a couple gets approved until they get chosen to adopt) with our agency was 2 years.  One day my husband and I were talking and each made a guess as to how long our wait would be.  He guessed 1 year + 6  months.  I guessed 2 years + 6 months.  Well, we have now been actively waiting for 2 years + 6 months and...no baby.  So in that way I feel a little sad.  BUT.  The day is not over.  God can do anything.  The phone could ring in the next minute.  Also, I really trust that He knows what He's doing and has not forgotten about me.  He will do what is best for His honour and glory and I know that will be what is best for my husband and I, for our future baby, and for their birthparent(s).  So I will, expectantly and hopefully, continue to wait and see what He does.
"The Lord is good to those who wait for Him."  
Lamentations 3:25a 

Craving:  It's kinda embarrassing how every time I write this answer, it starts off with "Well, I just ate..." lol!  But, yeah, I did just eat some chocolate... :) 

Thoughts About Our Future Child:  
 
Thoughts About Our Child's Expectant Mom:  Getting insight into what your situation may be like by reading articles by birthmothers like this one that I read yesterday.

Most Recent Baby Purchase/Gift:  My sweet mom-in-love (who is currently going through chemo but has only ONE more treatment yet!) dropped by a couple weeks ago "just because" to give me four sleepers she had bought for us!!  That did my heart a world of good - to know that people are still hoping and waiting expectantly with us.
One 3-month for a girl, two 6-month gender-neutral, and one 6-month for a boy.  Those little sheep are my favourite.
This Month God:  I have been learning so much by reading the autobiography of George Muller.  He is the man who started and ran orphanages in England in the 1800's, for thousands of children, completely by trusting in God to provide the funds needed, all for the purpose of showing that yes, God does answer seemingly impossible prayer!     

2 comments:

  1. Each time we got our call I was at a point where I really felt like my heart couldn't take the wait another day. Your family is in my thoughts. I don't comment often but I do read your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your comment means a lot to me.

      Delete

Comments are like little gifts! :)