Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Motherhood Month - 16

Progress:  1 year + 11 months since we were approved to adopt.  Working on our annual update.

How I'm Feeling:  It's been rough.  I've been feeling like I've lost support from people who previously supported us in our adoption journey.  Also, I'm realizing that after 2 years I can't still expect people to be excited for us; adopting is on our minds more than others and I have to tell myself that's okay.  I was feeling insecure and needing some validation so there was some crying on Sunday, but my mom is so sweet; she could tell immediately what was wrong and knew just what to say to comfort and encourage me, and let me cry on her shoulder.  So at the same time as things being rough there have been good things that have come out of it.

Craving:  Nothing, really, as far as food goes.

Thoughts About Our Future Child:  I just hope you will always feel as loved as you are.

Thoughts About Our Child's Expectant Mom:  Looking forward to getting to know you.

Most Recent Baby Purchase/Gift:  Nothing lately.




2 comments:

  1. Sorry it's been rough, Rhonda. We walked part of the waiting journey with some friends, and it is really difficult. I hope you get a call soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like little gifts! :)