We've got a lot going on. Our annual adoption update, planning our 10-year anniversary vacation, selling our house, applying for jobs, and getting a grip on my health. Amongst all that is everyday-life responsibilities.
Oddly enough, I feel like I am really growing spiritually while at the same time feeling like God is not being overly clear-spoken.
I have to cling to His promises, His truths, and what is clear.
I've been reading a lot in the Psalms lately, and I have been both encouraged and taught a lot. I've also been re-reading the book "Fear Not" by a compilation of authors. Here are some bits & pieces of what I have been learning lately:
- God's chosen path for me may be a more difficult one than the one I would choose, yet it may be a more fulfilling one.
- I can only see the steps in front of me. I cannot see around the curves ahead. My future here on earth is unknown to me.
- The future is in God's hands. He knows the best path for me. He can see all the steps ahead.
- There is no problem so big or too hard for God to solve.
- The reason I know this is because He solved the hardest problem ever - a perfect God forgiving sinners who deserved death. He managed to do this without breaking any promises nor compromising His perfect love and perfect justice.
- God's love is absolutely steadfast. Man will fail me. But God = steadfast love. Just look at these verses:
- "But I, through the abundance of Your steadfast love will enter Your house..." Psalm 5:7
- "But I have trusted in Your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation." Psalm 13:5
- "Remember Your mercy, O Lord, and Your steadfast love, for they have been from of old." Psalm 25:6
- "All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness..." Psalm 25:10
- "For Your steadfast love is before my eyes..." Psalm 26:3
- "...save me in Your steadfast love!" Psalm 31:16
- "Blessed be the Lord, for He has wondrously shown His steadfast love to me..." Psalm 31:21
- "Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens...How precious is Your steadfast love, O God!" Psalm 36:5 & 7
- "Depart from me, all you workers of evil, for the Lord has heard the sound of my weeping. The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord accepts my prayer." Psalm 6:8-9
And here is one of my favourite comfort verses:
"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit."