Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 15, 2014

No Fruit on the Vines

If you ever have a chance to, read Habakkuk in the MacArthur Study Bible, ESV, along with the notes (it's only 3 chapters long, and totally worth it).

I found it very inspiring, how in the hard times when Habakkuk was questioning God about how [he perceived] God was ignoring the problem, Habakkuk ultimately ended up choosing to have confidence in God, to quietly wait for Him to act, and to rejoice in Him.

"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation."
Habakkuk 3:17-18 

1 comment:

  1. I like it. :) Fruit has been a big topic for me lately... mainly the fruit of the Spirit. I love how God uses nature analogies in so much of the Word through his prophets. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like little gifts! :)