Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Eyes

(ICLWers:  You can read my ICLW post here.)

The other evening during church, I was reading my Bible and absentmindedly rubbed my left eye as I continued to follow along.  I was astounded to discover that, with only my right eye, the words were completely blurry!

I have always known that my right eye was worse than my left.  I wear glasses, and have since I was about 15 (yikes, that's half my life!), for my astigmatism.  But somewhere along the line, my right eye must have been getting progressively worse while my left eye stayed the same!  I don't know how I only noticed now! 

In the last couple days I've been regularly covering one eye and than the other and reading things and various distances (always with my glasses on).  I am shocked at how bad my right eye is.  I am near-sighted, and the fact that even things close up (like my Bible) are blurry with only my right eye (wearing glasses) is maybe what surprises me the most.  I am used to being able to read close-up very, very well.

Well, it has been four years since I've had my eyes checked and gotten new glasses.  So I will be doing that again soon.  Hubby says I can go for an appointment and get new glasses as soon as the money from selling our land comes in, which should hopefully be in October.

Which brings me to, do I want to get new frames or stick with the frames I have?  I think I want new ones, because a) I like change and b) it's been four years since I got these!  I honestly have no idea what's in style anymore for glasses frames.  Do any of you?  I mean, I've seen the teenagers wearing glasses that look like they're from the 80's/90's (you know, the ones that cover half your face) but I'm 30.  What frames are in style for a 30-year-old female, who usually dresses casual but occasionally likes to dress up?  I never wear contacts or go without glasses so they have to be something that go with anything.

Ah well, I will have to look around the stores when I go get my eyes checked.  Most important is probably finding something that will work with the shape of my face, and of course price will come into play.

I am really looking forward to getting new glasses (sight-wise) and we're hoping this will eases some of the muscle tension pain I have in my shoulders and neck!  And maybe I'll get less headaches, too, if those muscle problems ease up!

4 comments:

  1. I measured the glasses I had before my current ones, and then ordered a new pair on Zenni.com. They were about $100 because I have to get ultra-condensed lenses, but in a regular store I would have paid over $400. You can see what they look like on your face by posting your picture on there + then "trying on" different pairs. I have no idea what's in style. I got half frames and I like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out that website - thanks Elleah!

      Delete
  2. I have no idea what kind of glasses are "trendy" nowadays but the ones you have on in your picture look very nice on you, so maybe you can get something similar. After 4 years I think you deserve something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do like the style of glasses I have now, too.

      Delete

Comments are like little gifts! :)